I will have some pictures soon.
The wedding was amazing. I fell in love with Las Vegas. Can't wait to go again. It's posh, party central and I loved every minute that didn't get taken up by the wedding.
I flew in on a Tuesday and Seth was supposed to join me on the Wednesday. So all day Tuesday and Wednesday, I spent with my sister Lori and my mom and Grammy getting pampered and eating WAY TOO MUCH food. I got a $74 pedicure which I would say was the worst and least effective but it was VEGAS and I was having a blast. Lori and I saw the show Jubilee and I was mesmerized. Seth AND Cory's plane were delayed and they had awful experiences. We have vowed to never fly Delta again. They finally made it in as did Anna and we had a great time hanging out that night.
Thursday is when most of our guests flew in so poor Mom was making trips to the airport and family and guests were trickling in. Unfortunately, I voluteered Seth and I to run errands (like picking up the tuxes and getting the sparkling cider) when we went to get our marriage license. It took us all day. I should have asked someone else to do the errands bc while our guests were living it up, we were schlepping around Vegas and getting lost. Our "rehearsal dinner" (in quotes bc we didn't rehearse) was that night and it was fun but we were SOOO exhausted that we went to bed early.
Friday was the wedding day. I got up early and went to the hairdresser. My darling friend, Steff, bought me pants with "Mrs. Alexander" across the butt and "Bride" on the chest. I kept checking out my bootie all morning. :) The hairdresser picked me up and we were friends by the end of everything. I loved that girl. My hair looked amazing and my makeup was INSANELY good. Best money ever spent. She dropped me back at my hotel where everyone was running around like crazy getting ready. (My sisters were my bridesmaids and lots of my family were in the wedding.) It was a madhouse and I was glad I went away to get my hair done. Probably should have sprung to have the girls' hair done too BUT hindsight is 20/20. A budget IS a budget afterall. My sister-in-law Danielle did everyone's hair and did amazing but I think it would have been less stress to get the bridal party done professionally. Steff showed up and did everything for me. Ironed my veil, made my drinks and carried my dress. I am forever indebted to her.
Getting over to the facility meant Mom the taxi driver took us in shifts. She was a rock star. No anxiety from her or me. I was calm and cool. Like EVERYONE SAYS, it was over SOOO soon. My dear friends were there (Allie (Allie's husband), Bonnie and Jean from my high school days, Shannon, and our wedding party and friends) and it was so humbling and happy to see them. Such sacrifices I know they made for US...The pictures are beyond beautful. Only real regret is that we forgot the video camera. I guess my niece and nephew needed their naptimes which IS reflected in their pics that I will post. It was beautiful and amazing and I have zero real complaints other than stuff I wish I had thought about. Weather was amazing. Seth was fighting back tears the entire ceremony. It meant everything to me. Cayman was awesome and had a great time. We became an official famiy that day.
That night was fun. I'll do a seperate entry about it.
You are blogging again!? I have missed all of these. You need to post more often and I would check your page more than every 6 months!
ReplyDelete