Wednesday, December 19, 2012

What's all this for?

I am so driven. I work so many hours a week. And I love it. I love it. I have goals to meet. I want to retire with a set amount of money in my retirement. I want to have a successful practice that I can sell potentially along with a building/property. I want to own a nice home and a decent car and love my family and spend time with them. I want the time and energy and health and money to travel to see my family. Have you ever stopped to think, why are you working so hard? At such a breakneck speed? What's at the end? How much is enough? Is there a too much? Part of the book I am reading talks about cutting yourself off from your authentic self. And one way to do it exactly what I am doing. ...I wrote this months ago. Before I read Brene' Brown's works. And wow, oh WOW! I was so motivated to succeed that I forgot what is my definition of success. I now believe that true success comes from being the best you that you can be. I will never ever be perfect, but I can strive to love and accept myself, goods, bads, and uglies. In doing so, I can give that same gift to my clients and my friends and family. But first, I have to examine my shame gremlins. Those nasty little critters who give a personalization to my deepest fears. Whose presence has cut off connection with more than one individual in my life. Stay tuned, folks, this is about to get REAL.

No comments:

Post a Comment